(1 - 2 November, 2016)
5th Global Summit on City Tourism
Sunday، 30 October 2016 - 07:13 AM
Egypt hosts the 5th Global Summit on City Tourism: “Cities: Local Culture for Global Travellers” from 1 - 2 November, 2016 in Luxor.
Objectives of the Summit:
· - To create an interdisciplinary platform on which city destinations exchange different experiences in city tourism development and can aquire a detailed understanding of the new paradigms in city tourism and can set a shared vision to adapt to change.
· - To provide a comprehensive framework of the extrinsic and intrinsic changes in city tourism as regards planning, governance and operational processes.
· - To highlight the mutual impact of tourism and urban development at different scales of cities around the world
· - To explore the ways of maximizing the quality visitor experience while safeguarding and enhancing the quality of life for the local community by providing economic, social, cultural and environmental benefits.
· - City Tourism patterns; positioning city tourism in the global marketplace: Quantitative and qualitative approach.
· - Sustainable development and effective management of competitive city destinations as complex and diverse systems of interrelated economic, social and environmental phenomena and networks: “overall quality visitor experience”.
· - Spatial organization and rejuvenation of “tourist cities”: Sustainable cultural tourism in cities as a catalyst for revenue generation for innovative practices in heritage conservation and management.
· - Innovation in city tourism product.
· - Cross-cultural behavior: visitor and the hosts, livable and lovable cities.
· - Adapting to new business models.
· - National Tourism Administrations/Organizations
· - UNWTO Affiliate Members
· - City DMOs
· - Convention Bureaus
· - Travel trade representatives
· - Public authorities in charge of transport
· - Cultural institutions
· - Academic institutions, scientists and experts related to city tourism research
· - Urban planners, architects