Lebanese President visit to Egypt
Monday، 13 February 2017 - 02:41 PM
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi receives on Monday 13/2/2017 Lebanese President Michel Aoun at Ittihadia Palace.
An in-camera meeting held between the two leaders and followed by a press conference.
Cairo witnessed an Egyptian-Lebanese summit between President Sisi and President Aoun, in his first visit to Egypt after his election.
The talks of two Presidents deal with strengthening bilateral cooperation between Cairo and Beirut in various fields, in addition to the situation in the region, especially the Syrian crisis, Palestinian issue, file of the refugees and the fight against terrorism.
It is also scheduled that the two presidents witness signing a number of cooperation agreements in economic, trade and cultural, in addition to increasing mutual investments.
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi held a meeting with his visiting Lebanese counterpart Michel Aoun at Ittihadia Palace.
Sisi discussed during his meeting with Lebanese President the conditions of Lebanese community in Egypt and the problems facing its members.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi reiterated Egypt's full support to Lebanon.
At a joint press conference with Lebanese President Michel Aoun at the presidential Palace, following the bilateral talks, Sisi congratulated the Lebanese for their success in holding presidential elections and forming a government that meets their aspirations.
- Lebanese President Michel Aoun hailed Egypt's continued support to Lebanon and the close ties binding the two countries.
Speaking at a joint press conference with Egypt's President Abdel Fattah El Sisi following their talks at the Ittihadiya presidential palace, Aoun invited President Sisi to visit Lebanon.
- Lebanese President Michel Aoun visited St.Mark Coptic Orthodox Cathedral here where he was received by Pope Tawadros II. Various presidents visit the Cathedral in appreciation of the role of the Coptic Orthodox Church as an Egyptian religious and national institution. - Lebanese President Michel Aoun has appreciated the role of Al Azhar in facing extremist thoughts.
During a meeting with Al Azhar Grand Imam Ahmed El Tayyeb, the Lebanese leader expressed hope for enhancing cooperation with Al Azhar to maintain the multi intellectual societies in Lebanon to face terrorism.
14 February 2017- Lebanese President Michel Aoun visited the Arab League's premises where Arab League Secretary General Ahmed Abul Gheit received him upon arrival. - Lebanese President Michel Aoun said terror launches a world war under the disguise of religion which aims to wipe out the region's cultural heritage.
Addressing the Arab League Council meeting held at the level of permanent delegates, Aoun said if the Arab League charter had been respected, the Arab nation would have spared itself many wars and miseries.
- Lebanese President Michel Aoun left Cairo along with his accompanying delegation wrapping up a two-day visit to Egypt during which he was welcomed by President Abdel Fattah El Sisi. Aoun expressed, during his meeting with Sisi, his country's strong appreciation of Egypt and its leadership.
- In an interview with Nile TV Lebanese President Michel Aoun said that his talks with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi tackled a host of Arab issues as well as means of enhancing bilateral ties.
Aoun added he was keen to visit the Azhar Sheikhdom and St.Mark's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral as they can play a key role in the political life. He underlined the depth of Egyptian-Lebanese ties.