Presidential Activity November 2019
Tuesday، 10 December 2019 - 04:09 PM
President's meetings with officials
November 2: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi followed up the progress made in importing US locomotives to upgrade the Egyptian railway services. This came during his meeting with Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli, Transport Minister Kamel el Wazir and chairman of US Progress Rail Locomotives (PRL) company William Peterson, where Sisi hailed the cooperation between the government and PRL. The move comes as part of Egypt’s efforts to develop, and upgrade its railway system to improve the service provided to citizens.
November 2: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi directed stepping up efforts to upgrade the national transport systems, and speeding up conclusion of contracts with international companies, supplying locomotives to Egypt. Sisi’s directions came during his meeting with Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli, Planning Minister Hala el Saeed, and Transport Minister Kamel el Wazir to review the progress made in the Transport Ministry’s running projects and developing the railway system.
November 3: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli and Finance Minister Mohamed Ma'eet to follow up the implementation of a decision to raise the minimum wages of civil servants.
November 4: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli and Minister of Education and Technical Education Tareq Shawqi. The meeting was part of the process of following up the latest measures in developing basic education within the framework of the strategy of building the Egyptian personality.
November 4: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli and Minister of Housing Assem El Gazzar. During the meeting, the President got acquainted with the latest progress in building the new administrative capital and projects in the new cities and Cairo.
November 6: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi followed up the progress of a strategy for upgrading the General Authority for Suez Canal Economic Zone (SCZone). This came during a meeting with SCZone Chairman Mohamed Yahiya Zaki.
November 11: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi directed boosting internal trade in Egypt, especially regarding subsidiary commodities as well as tightening market control. This came during President Sisi's meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Supply Minister Ali Moselhi, and Director of the National Services Projects Organization (NSPO) Mostafa Amin.
November 12: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi directed the Armed Forces Engineering Authority to finalize the development of road axes and bridges in Cairo's Heliopolis district in accordance with the planned timetable. Sisi's directives came during his meeting with senior officials of the authority in the presence of Presidential Adviser for Urban Planning Amir Sayed Ahmed.
November 16: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi directed the government to keep up its counter-terrorism and anti-crime efforts to ensure security and stability and provide a business-friendly environment nationwide. Sisi made his directives during a meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, Minister of Interior Mahmoud Tawfiq and Chairman of the General Intelligence Service (GIS) Abbas Kamel.
November 24: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi has ordered continued efforts to achieve a comprehensive development in Sinai through carrying out agricultural projects. The President made the remarks during a meeting with Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli and a host of ministers. Sisi instructed the bodies concerned to continue development efforts in Sinai to improve services offered to residents and provide more job opportunities.
November 27: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with the newly appointed governors and their deputies. President Sisi reiterated to the new governors that Egypt is expecting the collective work to continue for the development march and building of the State.
November 28: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi hailed the key role played by religious leaders to educate citizens, especially young people, to preserve the national identity, consolidate the principle of citizenship and renounce destructive thoughts. The President made the remarks during a meeting with Coptic Catholic Patriarch of Alexandria Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak and his accompanying delegation. In this regard, President Sisi told the Catholic Patriarch that the State is keen on boosting coordination with all long-established religious institutions to raise public awareness of regional challenges that threaten countries' security and stability.
November 30: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi directed the bodies concerned to support the New Administrative Capital with state-of-the-art services, taking into account long-term development purposes. Sisi made his directives during a meeting with Chairman of the Armed Forces Engineering Authority Ihab el Far and a host of senior officials from the authority and Presidential Adviser for Urban Planning Amir Sayed Ahmed. The meeting took up the progress in several under-construction projects undertaken by the authority in the new capital, especially the government district, its central road network and an Islamic cultural center.
November 5: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inaugurated new national projects in the Suez and South Sinai governorates.
November 7: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended a celebration held at Manara International Conference Center marking Mawlid al-Nabi, the birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammed, organized by the Ministry of Awqaf.
November 26: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi announced the start of the new comprehensive health insurance system nationwide, saying that the government is implementing the new health insurance system out of its belief in every citizen's right to health care according to the highest and best standards.
November 26: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended the inauguration of a number of projects in Port Said and North Sinai governorates.
'Invest in Africa 2019' Conference (November 22 - 23, 2019)
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi witnessed the inauguration of the Investment for Africa Forum 2019. The event is organized by the Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation, in cooperation with the ministries of foreign affairs and trade. A large number of African heads of state and government, along with high-profile business figures from around the world are taking part in the forum, with a view to stimulating investment in Africa.
- On the sidelines of the fourth edition of the Africa 2019: Investment for Africa Forum, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with Moroccan Foreign Minister Nasser Bourita and asserted Egypt's keenness on pushing forward cooperation with Morocco in various domains.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi inspected an exhibition of "Tahya Misr Fund" and two other expos as a part of his participation in the Africa investment forum, held in the New Administrative Capital.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser, on the sidelines of the Africa Investment Forum 2019, and lauded efforts exerted by Germany’s Siemens to carry out development projects in Egypt, voicing Cairo’s keenness to enhance and develop partnership with the German giant.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Chairman Sir Suma Chakrabarti, on the fringe of the Africa Investment Forum 2019, and said that Egypt is looking forward to further cooperation with the EBRD.
Official Visits to Egypt
November 7: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received King Hamad ben Issa al Khalifa. The visit comes as part of bilateral meetings between Sisi with the Bahraini monarch to enhance bilateral relations in all domains.
November 28: President Abdel Fatah El Sisi received his Hungarian counterpart János Áder at Itihadiya palace and started official talks. The talks are expected to tackle means of promoting bilateral ties as well as a host of regional and international issues of mutual concern. The two leaders held a press conference at the end of the talks.
- At a joint press conference with the Hungarian President following their official session of talks, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi asserted that he agreed with his Hungarian counterpart Janos Ader on enhancing cooperation in all fields, especially the economic ones, as well as continuing consultations and coordinating stances between the two countries in international fora regarding all issues of mutual concern.
President's meetings with foreign officials
November 2: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi followed up the progress made in importing US locomotives to upgrade the Egyptian railway services. This came during his meeting with Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli, Transport Minister Kamel el Wazir and chairman of US Progress Rail Locomotives (PRL) company William Peterson, where Sisi hailed the cooperation between the government and PRL.
November 6: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi reiterated Egypt's support for the concept of comprehensive human rights, which includes all economic, social, health and educational rights, and is not confined to the political side. The President made the remarks during a meeting with heads of African delegations taking part in the 12th conference of the Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI).
November 11: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference Wang Yang, in the presence of House of Representatives Speaker Ali Abdel Aal and the Chinese ambassador to Egypt. While welcoming the Chinese official, President Sisi pointed out to the time-honored and historical relations binding the two countries.
November 12: President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received Russian Minister of Defense Sergei Shoigu. President Sisi voiced Egypt's appreciation of close ties with Russia, asserting Cairo'e keenness to continue consolidating relations with Moscow.
November 16: A delegation of the Bucharest University of Economic Studies applauded the effective role played by President Abdel Fattah El Sisi to promote Egyptian-Romanian ties especially at the academic and cultural levels. This came during a meeting between President Sisi and a Romanian delegation headed by the University President.
President's Foreign Visits
President Sisi's visit to UAE (November 14, 2019)
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived in the UAE on a two-day visit. He was received at the Abu Dhabi International Airport by Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. The two leaders exchanged friendly talks on relations between the two countries.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi met with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at Qasr Al Watan. During an expanded session of talks attended by delegations from both countries, Sheikh Mohammed said that the UAE, its leadership and people welcome Sisi's visit. He highlighted the distinguished Egyptian-UAE relations and affirmed Egypt's pivotal role in the Arab region.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan witnessed the inking ceremony of joint cooperation agreements and memorandums of understanding between Egypt and the UAE in the fields of manpower, taxes and insurance.
President Sisi attends G20 Compact with Africa (November 17, 2019)
-President Abdel Fattah El Sisi headed to Berlin to attend the meetings of G20 Compact with Africa.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi visit the Bundestag (German Parliament) premises where he met with Speaker Wolfgang Schäuble and a number of parliament members.
- President Sisi head for the German Presidency headquarters for talks with President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and to join a meeting between the German President and heads of State and government of nations taking part in the G20 Compact with Africa summit.
- President Sisi attended a working dinner banquet hosted by the German President in honor of the leaders participating in the summit.