Petit four cookies
Monday، 20 July 2009 - 12:00 AM
1 cup soft butter
¾ cup icing sugar
½ teaspoon of vanilla
2 ½ cup of flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of cocoa powder for color
• Preheat oven at 325 degree Fahrenheit.
• With an electric mixture, mix the butter until it changes its color from yellow to almost white. Then add the icing sugar, egg and the vanilla. Mix this very well until creamy.
• Mix the flour, baking powder together then add it slowly to the butter mixture. This mixture should turn into a ball.
• Place this dough into a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator.
• Cut the dough into 2 pieces. Knead one part of the dough with the cocoa powder and leave the other part without.
• You may place both the cocoa dough and the original dough on top of each other and make cut outs with a cookie cutter or you may leave each part alone and use the cookie cutter to form the wanted shapes.
• You then bake them at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
• When cool you may then take one of each color and place any type of fruit jam in the middle to form a stuffed cookie.