- First African Anti-Corruption Forum
- 1st high-level Renewable Energy Conference
- Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
- Belt and Road Forum
- Narrative PR Summit
- Euromoney Conferences
- 2nd International Conference for Co-Operative Housing
- 26th session of joint Egyptian-Jordanian Higher committee
- Egypt's Participation in TICAD VI
- Egypt's participation in G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Egyptian-S. Korean Forum
- MOC 2016
- Egypt hosts Africa 2016 business forum for boosting inter-African integration
- International maritime transport and logistics conference
- 17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
- African economic blocs Summit
- Forum for the Future
- Egypt Energy Investment Summit Cairo, 16-18 February 2016
- World Government Summit
- Suez Canal Global Conference
- Sixth Meeting of the EU-Egypt Association Council
- Group 8: Arab Spring Summit
- Comesa 2012
- World Economic Forum - Davos
- Egypt Economic Development Conference March 2015
- International Economic Conference of Matrouh Governorate
- Al MAL – GTM
- Egyptian - Gulf investment Forum
- 4th World Government Summit
- Regional Conference on Economic Liberalization
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Tripartite Regional Economic Communities
International maritime transport and logistics conference
Monday، 28 March 2016 - 05:00 PM
13- 15 March 2016
The increasing volume of trade flows between ports combined with all kind of transportation activities, call for applying the smart-port concept especially on operational and energy efficiency, competitiveness and environmental impact aspects.
Smart ports management is all about making the best use of limited resources, leading to optimum performance of all port’s activities, including handling processes of carriers on sea and land.
The existing and future infrastructure facilities must be viewed intelligently and efficiently, as space is limited and ports cannot grow forever.
Undoubtedly, the development of new port infrastructure in times of crisis certainly calls for a smart approach that would facilitate Managing information and saving environment in addition to sustainable development planning designs in other word, moving toward smart port technology to operate the port efficiently and make port operations more environmental friendly.
Our annual Conference, therefore, aims to find means and methods that would contribute to sustainable growth by establishing the appropriate conditions for the adoption of new technological management for information and energy models. Such models are based on low environmental impact, triggering evidently the innovation of new required processes.
The strategic importance of the smart-port holistic concept (emphasizing particularly operational and energy efficiency, competitiveness and environmental impact aspects) within the Arab region is beyond doubt, but this challenge clearly requires coordinated efforts that would only be attained through transnational cooperation.
Approaching the smart port concept is impossible without the full integration and full consideration of the different regional perspectives of the main Arab container ports.
At the Smart Port MARLOG 5, we are looking for innovative ideas that leverage technology, create synergies, share views, look at future developments and provide seamlessness and reliability in information flows and operational processes among the stakeholders. In this context, Arab’s position as a world-class international maritime center is maintained.
The conference themes cited in a variety of research papers would deal with new theories and applications in maritime industry and smart ports domains.
The conference will be held in collaboration with the International Association of Ports & Harbors (IAPH), Valencia port Foundation and Suez Canal Authority, under the auspices of Nabil El-Araby Secretary General of the Arab League and Saad El-Geyoushy Minister of Transport.
The conference will host the International Maritime EXPO (IME) attended by local and international companies operating in the maritime transport, logistics, financing, and construction and information technology.
The conference themes focus on smart ports and its impact of maritime economy, transportation system and logistics industry under the sustainability of ports green strategies, technology and development in maritime engineering.
The conference will be attended by international experts, heads of port authorities, and representatives from leading national and international companies and organizations operating in fields related to maritime industry and logistics.
This gathering is a unique opportunity for networking with decision makers, investors, port operators, financing organizing and construction companies.