Thursday، 10 December 2015 12:00 AM
Egypt is one of the biggest importers of the tobacco production of Malawi, through the imports of Eastern Company, taking into consideration that tobacco is the most strategic crop in Malawi and a major source of its national income, in addition to the Egyptian exports of fertilizers and other preserved food products.
The trade exchange acquires more importance for both countries in the light of their membership in COMESA.
Al-Swedy cables company has a branch in the southern city of Blantyre and succeded to sign a contract with the National electricity company called(Electricity supply Commission of Malawi – ESCOM) to supply the products of the company and the efforts are still ongoing to support its penetration to the market of Malawi.
A number of small scale Egyptian merchants work on importing Egyptian furniture and textiles to market it in Malawi.
Telsol Al-Swedy, a new-comer to Malawi began to work on exploring the Malawian market with regard to the field of fiber optics.
- Cooperation agreement between the Egyptian fund for technical cooperation with Africa and the government of the republic of malawi signed in 1982.
- Cooperation agreement in the field of health and medical sciences in 1998.
- An agreement on the establishment of the Joint Committee in 1999.
- Cooperation agreement in the field of Media.
- Memorandum of Understanding for consultations between the ministries of Foreign Affairs of the two countries.