The Second Edition of the Arab Youth and Sports Workers Forum
Monday، 23 May 2022 - 12:00 AM
The second edition of the Arab Youth and Sports Workers Forum is launched on Monday 23/05/2022, under the theme “Vision of a Homeland” under the patronage of Dr. Mustafa Madbouly, Prime Minister, and the League of Arab States.
The Forum is carried out by the Ministry of Youth and Sports through the Office of Youth and Sports Workers. Its activities will take place in New Cairo from May 22nd to 27th, with the participation of heads of delegations from 20 Arab countries.
The forum is attended by a large group of officials, specialists and public figures inside and outside Egypt, a group of university professors and several members of the Egyptian Parliament.
The Forum Agenda
The forum includes the following within its agenda:
- A tourism program for the participating delegations,
- Three main sessions, (one session per day); namely:
The first session: "Building the Arab Person from a Youth and Sports Perspective",
The second session: "Artificial Intelligence and the Digitization of Digital Services and Platforms in the Youth and Sports Field",
The third session: “The Impact of Institutional Development on the Advancement of Youth and Sports Systems".
- A number of 9 workshops, (3 workshops per day), as follows:
On the first day, 3 workshops will be held entitled: “Mechanisms for the integration of common Arab identity”, “Correction of intellectual deviations and their impacts on Arab societies”, and ” National Arab Policy towards youth”.
On the second day, 3 workshops will be held entitled: “Mechanisms for digital transformation, digitalizing services, “creation of a unified Arab youth and sports digital platform”, and “ideas and perspectives for joint Arab initiatives”.
On the third day, 3 workshops will be held entitled: “Reform methods and measures that support the institutional development process”, “the path towards institutional excellence and development performance indicators”, and “international experiences in empowerment, innovation and performance development”.
The Forum Recommendations
The forum concluded with a presentation of the recommendations put forward by the participating youth, including:
- Establishing an office for Arab youth and sports workers in ministries and youth and sports bodies in various Arab countries to serve as a point of contact for presenting visions and ideas among those in charge of youth, sports and development work, and to explore the possibility of submitting to the National Training Academy in Egypt to implement a special version of the Presidential Youth Leadership Program (PLP) for youth workers in the Arab Ministries of Youth and Sports and the like.
- Holding the third session of the Youth and Sports Workers Forum at the Arab and African levels in the coming year 2023 AD,
- Implement a joint Arab strategy, which aims at laying foundations for building the Arab person and consolidating Arab identity through the role of the Arab ministries of youth and sports and the like.
Dr. Ashraf Sobhi, Minister of Youth and Sports, delivered a speech at the Arab Youth and Sports Workers Forum, in which he explained that the forum came in implementation of the recommendations of His Excellency President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, President of the Republic during his meeting with the Arab Ministers of Youth and Sports in Cairo 2019, adding that the youth of Arab countries have become competitive in the fields of artificial intelligence, programming and other fields.
The Minister of Youth and Sports affirmed that the Ministry always adopts visions and ideas and works to implement them, including the recommendations of the forum, for the benefit of Arab youth, extending thanks and appreciation to all participants in the forum and the keenness of the Arab Ministers of Youth and Sports to attend some of the forum’s activities.
For her part, Ambassador Haifa Abu-Ghazaleh, Assistant Secretary-General and Head of the Social Affairs Sector of the League of Arab States, said that Egypt always provides everything new in the fields of youth and sports, and is working to implement many initiatives and experiences that benefit our Arab youth.
While the head of the International Youth and Sports Workers' Office referred to the realization and preservation of the Arab identity, and the trend towards implementing the Forum's recommendations through work mechanisms in preparation for a bright future and a generation capable of confronting, and addressing the great challenges facing our Arab world.