- Egyptian participation in the 24th Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum
- IPAs Africa Forum 1
- The Big 5 Construct Egypt
- Cairo Water Week 18th-22nd October, 2020
- Egyptian-Iraqi Higher Committee
- Cairo ICT 2020
- Egypt Can by Industry
- 2020 African Caucus Meeting of Governors of WBG & IMF
- 2019 African Economic Conference
- First African Anti-Corruption Forum
- 1st high-level Renewable Energy Conference
- Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
- Belt and Road Forum
- Narrative PR Summit
- Euromoney Conferences
- 2nd International Conference for Co-Operative Housing
- 26th session of joint Egyptian-Jordanian Higher committee
- Egypt's Participation in TICAD VI
- Egypt's participation in G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Egyptian-S. Korean Forum
- MOC 2016
- Egypt hosts Africa 2016 business forum for boosting inter-African integration
- International maritime transport and logistics conference
- 17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
- African economic blocs Summit
- Forum for the Future
- Egypt Energy Investment Summit Cairo, 16-18 February 2016
- World Government Summit
- Suez Canal Global Conference
- Sixth Meeting of the EU-Egypt Association Council
- Group 8: Arab Spring Summit
- Comesa 2012
- World Economic Forum - Davos
- Egypt Economic Development Conference March 2015
- International Economic Conference of Matrouh Governorate
- Al MAL – GTM
- Egyptian - Gulf investment Forum
- 4th World Government Summit
- Regional Conference on Economic Liberalization
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Tripartite Regional Economic Communities
17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
Monday، 28 March 2016 - 05:48 PM
Scaling up Responsible Land Governance March 14-18, 2016The 2016 edition of this annual conference will convene under the theme, 'Scaling Up Responsible Land Governance' and pay special attention to working at scale, mainstreaming innovations and sustaining investments for greater impact.
The main conference will run from 15-17 March and will comprise policy sessions and round-tables on core conference themes.
Other key activities will include a pre-conference workshop on innovations in land governance research and monitoring, and a post-conference learning day offering master classes to familiarize participants with cutting edge tools and techniques for policy makers.
An innovation fair exploring how technology and open data can help improve land governance at scale will also take place.
This year’s conference will pay special attention to working at scale, mainstreaming innovations, and sustaining investments in land governance. Conference participants will discuss what can be done to guarantee inclusiveness, sustainability, and reliability, build capacity, and ensure that better land information and more tenure security contribute to wider societal objectives and progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals.
The keynote speaker for the 2016 Conference is Paul Romer, Professor of Economics, at the Stern School of Business at New York University. Agenda:The opening session of the conference takes place on Monday March 14 at 5: 00 pm and the conference will conclude with a closing session and reception on Thursday March 17th 2016. Proceeding the opening session on March 14, a pre-conference workshop on ‘innovations in land governance research and monitoring’ will take place.
A post-conference learning day with Master Classes will be held on March 18 and offer hands-on classes to familiarize participants with cutting edge tools and techniques developed to help policy makers. Side events and invitation-only meetings will also be held on March 18.
The core of the conference consists of sessions with accepted papers organized in thematic tracks and posters from Tuesday, March 15 to Thursday, March 17.
Policy sessions and round tables on the core conference themes and cutting-edge issues will run concurrently from March 15–17. Egypt Participation Housing official heads for US to attend confrance.
on lands, poverty Deputy Minister of Housing Ahmed Adel Darwish will head for the US Wednesday, 16/3/2016 to attend the 17th annual conference on lands and poverty due to be held in the main premises of the World Bank in Washington and ends on March 18.
More than 1000 international figures from more than 125 countries take part in the event, according to a statement of the ministry on Tuesday, 15/3/2016.
Egypt’s participation in the event asserts its support for the international community in combating poverty.
Egypt’s participation in the conference offers a chance for Egypt to present its vision on handling slums and discussing international experiments and means followed to manage lands.