Monday، 09 November 2015 12:00 AM
The balance of trade exchange between Egypt and Croatia tilts strongly in favor of Croatia. The volume of bilateral trade between two countries was approx 78 million dollars in 2008, Egypt's share of which was 18 million dollars only.
The Embassy contributed to organizing a visit of a Croatian businessmen delegation to Egypt headed by the President of Zagreb Chamber of Commerce, Zlatan Frohlich, from 29th March to 3rd April, 2008, to discuss ways and means of promoting trade and cooperation in various economic fields. Three agreements were signed between the Chambers of Commerce in Zagreb and Cairo, and Alexandria as well. This will help boosting cooperation between businessmen and expanding trade in both countries.
- A memorandum of understanding between the General Organization for International Exhibitions and the International Zagreb fair Authority (2006)
- Trade Agreement (ratified in January 21, 1996)
- Economic Cooperation Agreement (ratified in May 1995)
- Mutual investment protection agreement (ratified May 1999)
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of Tourism (October 1997)
- Agreement cooperation in the field of Air Transport. (December 1998)
On the sidelines of the second session of the Joint Trade Committee in 2002 both sides signed a number of memoranda of understanding in the following areas:
- Cooperation between the ports of Alexandria and Rijeka.
- Cooperation between the Egyptian Company for Exports Insurance and Bank of Reconstruction and Development of Croatia.
- Cooperation between the Social Fund for Development and the Ministry of Economics and small projects Croatian.
- Cooperation between the Croatian Chamber of Economy and Trade Point in Egypt.