Thursday، 28 January 2016 12:00 AM
Egypt and Argentina signed an agreement to boost their trade ties in May 1977. The two countries also signed on June 26, 1977, an agreement to boost their economic and technical cooperation.
In 2000, the trade exchange between Egypt and Argentina totaled $ 364.2 million.
In 2008, the trade exchange between Egypt and Argentina reached $ 2.1 billion.
The most notable Egyptian Exports include iron and steel, chemicals, fertilizers and medicines, and the most important imports includes wheat, meat and paper.
Argentina is the second trading partners to Egypt in the South America after Brazil.
The contractual framework includes the following agreements:
- Cultural Cooperation Agreement (June 28, 1972)
- Technical and Economic Cooperation Agreement (March 5, 1976)
- Encouragement and Protection of Investments Agreement (June 26, 1977)
- Tourism Cooperation Agreement (May 11, 1992)
- Abolition of Visas for Holders of Diplomatic Passport Agreement (May 11, 1992)
- Establish a Political Consultation Mechanism Agreement (May 11, 1992)
- Federal Chambers of Commerce Cooperation Agreement (July 21, 1995)
- Plant Quarantine Cooperation Agreement (October 21, 1995)
- Animal Health Cooperation Agreement (October 17, 1997)
- Memorandum of Understanding in Air Transport Cooperation (October 17, 1997)
- Memorandum of Understanding in Maritime Transport Cooperation (June 7, 1997)
- Cooperation Agreement between Santa Fe State and Alexandria (June 7, 1997)
- Cooperation Agreement between Egyptian Export Promotion Center and Argentinean Export Development Authority (September 14, 1997)
- Federation of Industries Cooperation Agreement between the two countries (February 1998)
- Establish the Economic Cooperation Business Council Agreement (May 14, 1998)
- Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation in Electricity and Energy (October 15, 1998)
- Cooperation Agreement between Egyptian Cooperative Union and Argentinean General Economic Community (February 23, 1999)
- Cooperation Agreement between Ministry of Development and Argentinean National Institute to Work (April 26, 1999)
- Memorandum of Understanding to export Egyptian citrus fruits to Argentina (November 14, 2000)
- Security Cooperation Agreement (November 2000)
- Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation between the Federal Radio and Television of the two countries (May 7, 2003)
- Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation between the Police Academy and the Federal Police Institute in Argentina (May 20, 2003)
- An Executive Program for Technical, cultural and scientific cooperation in 2005/2008 (May12, 2005)