Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
Wednesday، 14 June 2017 04:07 PM
Sunday 11 June 2017
Sisi heads for Germany on Sunday to attend G20-Africa conference President Abdel Fattah El Sisi headed on Sunday 11/6/2017 for Berlin to attend the G20 Africa Partnership Conference in the German capital. Several heads of state and government of major African countries, including Tunisia, Ghana, Guinea, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Niger and Rwanda as well as presidents of the World Bank, The International Monetary Fund and the African Development Bank will attend the conference.
Monday، 12 June 2017
- Sisi's visit to Germany focuses on economic-related issues -- Spokesman President Abdel Fattah El Sisi's current visit to Germany, during which he participates in the G20 Africa Partnership conference, focuses on economic-related issues, said Presidential Spokesman Alaa Youssef.
In statements to reporters following the president's arrival in Berlin on Sunday 11/6/2017, Youssef said German Chancellor Angela Merkel invited only six African countries; Ghana, Guinea, Rwanda, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire and Tunisia, plus Egypt.
During his participation in the G20 Summit, which was held in China in September 2016, President Sisi called for involving African and developing countries to participate in the global economic decision-making, added the spokesman.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended on Monday 12/6/2017 evening a roundtable, hosted by German Chancellor Angela Merkel, on investment in infrastructure in Africa.
The roundtable was attended by African leaders participating in the G20 Africa Partnership Conference, President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Akinwumi Adesina, as well as heads of major German companies.
In statements, Presidential Spokesman Alaa Youssef said that the meeting focused on means of developing infrastructure in the African Continent and securing necessary funds for this purpose.
Egypt's President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Monday 12/6/2017 called for intensifying international efforts in face of countries that fund and support terrorism and provides the political and ideological cover for it.
It is necessary to send a decisive message to those countries if the international community wants to eliminate terrorism, Sisi said during his meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended on Monday 12/6/2017 the inaugural session of the Egyptian-German Business Forum.
Chairman of the Suez Canal Authority and the General Authority for the Suez Canal Economic Zone Mohab Mamish will speak at the forum on investment opportunities in the Suez Canal Corridor project that was launched in 2014. The project is aimed to increase the role of the Suez Canal zone in international trade.
The Egyptian-German forum aims at promoting joint cooperation and setting up more joint ventures to serve Cairo and Berlin.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi attended on Monday 12/6/2017 the signing ceremony of the minutes of the Fourth Round of the Egyptian-German Economic Committee.
The ceremony was held on the fringe of the opening session of the Egyptian-German Economic Forum which kicked off earlier in the day.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi urged the German companies to increase their investments in Egypt and establish a German industrial zone in one of the promising sectors, including medical supplies, engineering and IT.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi on Monday met with German Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development Gerd Muller. Presidential spokesman Alaa Youssef said Sisi hailed the development witnessed by Egyptian-German relation in the fields of development and economic cooperation.
He added that the two countries are keen on holding the joint committee for development cooperation, scheduled to convene in Cairo in July.
The president expressed hope the meeting would help in boosting cooperation through specific projects in accordance with the Egyptian development plan.
Final Communique of Egyptian-German Business Forum Establishes New Cooperation Phase
Minister of Trade and Industry Tareq Qabil said on Monday 12/6/2017 the final communiqué of the Egyptian-German business forum establishes a new phase of cooperation based on common interests.
In statements, the minister added that the communiqué aims to promote the framework of economic relations between Egypt and Germany, especially in the fields of industrial cooperation, trade policies, small and medium-sized enterprises, energy, transport, tourism and infrastructure, as well as issues related to food and agriculture.
Sisi leaves Berlin after 3-day official visit
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi left Berlin following a three-day official visit to Germany.